Many thanks to Reelworks Studios for providing a sample of the product for this review. Opinions are 100% my own and NOT influenced by monetary compensation.
Based on the popular book by Wally Armstrong and Ken Blanchard, THE MULLIGAN is an in-spiring reminder that second chances are only one step away. From the producer of BOBBYJONES: STROKE OF GENIUS, and the director-producer team behind THE ULTIMATE GIFT comes THE MULLIGAN, sporting an all-star cast that includes Eric Close (NASHVILLE, AMERI-CAN SNIPER) as Paul, Pat Boone as the Old Pro, and PGA golfer Tom Lehman and broadcasting legend Jim Nantz as themselves. See it in theaters for two nights only on April 18 & 19.
• About the book, The Mulligan: THE MULLIGAN is based on the beloved book by former PGA touring pro Wally Armstrong and bestselling author and business executive Ken Blanchard. This inspiring story about relationships, forgiveness, and priorities is a shot of grace. Golf’s
gracious do-over, a mulligan is the beginning of Paul McAllister’s second chance. Guided by the wisdom and advice of the Old Pro, Paul learns about priorities, self-confidence, and playing a good game both on and off the course. The Mulligan is a parable of second chances.
The Mulligan: A Parable of Second Chances is the perfect example of what can happen to a life without a relationship with God. The main character is Paul McAllister, who is a man driven to succeed. He’s sacrificed everything to provide well for his family, but has forgotten to have a life with them. After years of putting work first, he no longer has a marriage or relationship with his son.
Paul is very wealthy and loves playing golf. When he happens to play at a Pro/Am tournament, he is introduced to the Old Pro. This part is played by none other than Pat Boone. The Old Pro wants to teach Paul about life. Over time, he and Paul get to know one another very well and the Old Pro teaches him about the Mulligan (taking a second shot in golf). He says that you can get a do-over in life: asking for forgiveness and doing the right thing.
It’s a fairly long movie, but is so enjoyable and wholesome to watch. It’s more of a movie for teens and adults, but children can also view this clean movie. (There are plenty of alcoholic drinks in the country club scenes) The movie has a great moral: people should come first. The family is stressed as the important thing to spend time with. The Old Pro also shares the gospel with Paul and he eventually becomes a Christian.
I thought the movie was well done and the scenery at the Georgia golf club was breath-taking. Whether or not you like golf, you’ll find plenty to like about The Mulligan.
Giveaway: Digital copy of The Mulligan novel. Entrants must be at least 18 years of age and live in the US. Winner will be notified by email and will have 24 hours to reply. If they fail to do so, a new winner will be chosen. No social media is in any way involved or responsible for this giveaway. Sponsor is responsible for prize fulfillment.
If the movie isn’t shown in your town or near you, your church can apply to show the movie, too.a Rafflecopter giveaway
- Lisa has been blogging since 2013, and loves sharing resources and ideas for living a simple life. To get free printables, bonus words, and more - sign up for the newsletter.
- HomeOctober 3, 2023Beautify Your Front Yard With These 7 Low-Maintenance Ideas
- GiveawaysOctober 2, 2023Cookie Queen: How One Girl Started Tate’s Bake Shop Book & Cookies Giveaway
- GiveawaysOctober 1, 2023$150 PayPal Cash Fabulous Fall Giveaway
- GiveawaysOctober 1, 2023Scaredy Cat Giveaway Hop