School is starting! Some families will drop off their children or help them catch the school bus every morning. Some will homeschool or work at online school. Whatever way school is done, it’s about time for learning to begin. Are you ready?
Homeschool Tips for a Great Back-to-School Year
- Prepare Your School Area – Do you have a special room for learning, work at the kitchen table, or learn all over the house. I was blessed to have a dedicated room for homeschooling where we could shut the door when we wanted to leave all the mess behind. Even if you just have the kitchen table, a good plan makes all the difference. Adding book-bags, boxes, baskets, or shelves can keep your area cleaner and organized.
2. Prepare Your Supplies – Have your textbooks, living books, or online subscriptions ready to get started on Day 1. Make sure to have notebooks, paper, pencils, art supplies, etc… in place and stored in an organized manner. This is a great time to go through last year’s stash and see what may need to be replaced. Those old markers may be dry. It’s also a good opportunity to let children help you put things in order.
3. Prepare with your Planner – Do you use a digital or a paper planner? Get this ready to use. My best tip is to prepare six weeks of lesson plans before the first day of school. This will help things to go smooth and take so much stress off of you.
4. Prepare your Heart – This should probably be the first thing! The last year and a half has been hard on everyone, even our children. We need to prepare our hearts for a good year at home with our families and with our homeschool. We always prayed together for a year of blessings and liked finding a new verse in the Bible to have for a theme verse.
Also, I am thrilled to bring you the 2021 Rainbow Resource Center Giveaway! The winner can win a $200 Gift Card to Rainbow Resource Center.
Another (home) school year is about to start! Many homeschool moms are busy preparing and finalizing curriculum choices for the upcoming school year. And many are trying to stick to their tight homeschool budget, hoping it will cover all the books and resources they will need.
Winning a gift card to a major online homeschool retailer would surely help you check some things off of your curriculum wish list. Well, I’ve gotten together with a great group of homeschool bloggers to bring you a chance to do just that!
Three homeschool families will win a $200 gift card to Rainbow Resource Center!! We know homeschooling can put financial strain on families – whether it’s from living on one-income or buying curriculum for multiple children – the financial aspect of it can be stressful.
Our hope is that we can bless a few homeschool families (although we wish we could bless many more) so they can buy curriculum, books, games, puzzles, or whatever educational supplies they might need, with a little less stress. To enter for your chance to win, simply use the Rafflecopter form below to enter.
Now I know this is quite a few entries, but each of these bloggers has generously chipped in their own money to make this giveaway possible, so I hope you will take the time to do all of the entries. And hey, the more entries you do, the better your odds are of winning!
Giveaway ends July 30, 2021 at 11:59pm ET. Must be at least 18 years of age. Must be a resident of U.S. or Canada to enter. Selected winners will have 48 hours to respond to email notification to claim their prizes or another winner will be drawn. By entering this giveaway, you agree to be added to the email lists of the participating bloggers (see the Terms & Conditions on the Rafflecopter form for the complete list)
@2021, copyright Lisa Ehrman
- Lisa has been blogging since 2013, and loves sharing resources and ideas for living a simple life. To get free printables, bonus words, and more - sign up for the newsletter.