Christmas is a time filled with traditions. Every individual family has their own traditions, especially with what they eat. My family has a particular Christmas Eve dinner, a traditional Christmas breakfast, and treats. I’m sure your family eats certain dishes, too. They may have been passed down from generation to generation.
Many Christmas bread recipes go back for hundreds of years. The Italian Christmas bread, Panettone, goes back to the Middle Ages. Stollen is a German bread. Many of the sweet breads were created during the Middle Ages and saved for the holiday season, because they were very expensive to make. Read more about Christmas Food History here.
Rosca de Reyes (Three Kings Bread)
What are your favorite Christmas breads? My family always makes plenty of pumpkin bread to eat and give for gifts. When I was younger, I made loaves for all my neighbors. The only thing bad about pumpkin bread is that I can’t stop eating it and it’s so fattening! Share your favorites. I would love to try something new this year.
- Lisa has been blogging since 2013, and loves sharing resources and ideas for living a simple life. To get free printables, bonus words, and more - sign up for the newsletter.
- HomeOctober 3, 2023Beautify Your Front Yard With These 7 Low-Maintenance Ideas
- GiveawaysOctober 2, 2023Cookie Queen: How One Girl Started Tate’s Bake Shop Book & Cookies Giveaway
- GiveawaysOctober 1, 2023$150 PayPal Cash Fabulous Fall Giveaway
- GiveawaysOctober 1, 2023Scaredy Cat Giveaway Hop