How to Have an Effective, Economical, Easy and Eco-Friendly Laundry Mat Visit
Disclosure: Sponsored post.
There are so many reasons to go to the laundry mat. I go whenever my washer or dryer is out-of-order or when I need to wash something large. Even though my machine says “heavy duty”, a small bath rug or comforter can’t be washed at home. Many times I’ve gone to the nearest laundry mat with my heavy load of comforters. To make your visit to the laundry mat the best possible, I’ll offer you four big E-words that I hope will help you.
The main reason you go to the laundry mat is because you have dirty things that you want cleaned. Yes, I don’t know anyone who really wants to do laundry. Do you? You’ll want to know that you are going to a laundry mat that has the best, state-of-the-art machines. You’ll want a place that’s clean, safe, comfortable, and has plenty of machines to effectively launder your clothes.
Laundry mats (like everything else) cost more to use than they did in the past. It’s important to check around and find the best price. Because you’ll need to take all your supplies with you, it’s important to budget carefully for laundry needs. We wash clothes every week, so check to see how you could save on detergent, softener, and dryer sheets.
The easiest and lightest weight detergent to take with you is probably the detergent pods. Using store brands will save a good bit of money, and are often cheaper than a name brand with a coupon. If you use powder or liquid, make sure to take enough for your needs. To save even more, make your own detergent. There are many recipes online. Here’s one from DIY Natural. Don’t forget any of your supplies, because those sold at laundry mats will cost more. The big savings come if you use the large machines, which will also save you time.
Most of us like to use eco-friendly products. Using concentrated detergent helps with reduced packaging. Look for Phosphate-free and biodegradable laundry detergent and skip many of the dryer sheets. Phosphates can bring about the awful algae blooms that I’ve seen in the news. You may be able to find eco-friendly dryer sheets or you can just toss in a dryer-ball. If you have laundry stains (and who doesn’t) here’s an easy recipe: Add 1/2 Cup White vinegar, 1/4 baking soda, and 4 Cups water to a spray bottle. This should be sprayed on the stain before laundering. Just using a laundry mat can save energy, because the large efficient machines should use less energy.
Doing laundry can be easy? Well, it’s important to plan your trip to make it as easy as possible. If you’re like me, you should make a list. Write down everything you need and pack your car. If you have little ones to take with you, make sure to bring plenty of things to keep them busy. Usually before going to the laundry mat, I go by the bank for rolls of quarters.
I’ve found a new laundry mat in my area that makes things very easy. It’s called, The Clothes Spin. Here are some of the ways The Clothes Spin can help you have an easy time:
- The machines take coins, but you can also use the Clear Token App. The Clear Token App works on your smartphone, and you can leave your coins at home. This App works on iPhone and Android. Using the app instead of coins is my favorite feature.
- The Clothes Spin has a variety of machine sizes. Above each machine, is a sign that tells you the capacity. The largest machine washes 8-10 loads.
- Hours of operation: It never closes. It’s actually open 24/7 so that you can do laundry any time! What a great idea! This is handy and easy!
- Safe and clean – The Clothes Spin has surveillance and staff to keep you safe.
- The waiting area is clean with tables and chairs. You and your children can sit and entertain yourself with a good book or activities.
- Vending machines provide snacks and cold drinks. You can also purchase detergent and fabric softeners.
- Free Wi-Fi will help you keep up with your work, email or social media fun.
- Because our area has so many colleges, the laundry mat is in a central location.
The Clothes Spin is the newest, first-of-its-kind laundry mat in Lynchburg, Virginia. With the 24/7 hours of operation you’ll be able to wash and dry day or night. Students can pull an all-nighter and do laundry at the same time. This safe laundry mat offers 22 washers and 24 dryers. The variety of size machines will help you to do a little laundry or a lot.
So, if you want to have that perfect place to wash your clothes, check out The Clothes Spin!
@2019, copyright Lisa Ehrman