Disclosure: Affiliate link included. Purchases through links cost you nothing, but provides me a small fee.
My hands are very dry and get worse during the cold, winter months. With cold winter air and dry indoor heat, we all need to take special care of the skin on our hands. Sometimes we take better care of our facial skin than we do our hands. Hands age quickly if we don’t take good care of them.
Here are some tips for Hand Care:
- Wash With Care
- Since we’re using more hand-sanitizers, they can dry out skin a lot! Harsh soaps are also tough on skin. Try to find gentle soaps and hand sanitizers so that the natural oils on your skin aren’t stripped away.
- To remove dead skin, exfoliating the skin on your hands can produce benefits. We exfoliate the skin on our faces and it works great on our hands. Once a week is more than enough for exfoliating.
- After washing your hands, it’s always good to apply a healthy and natural lotion. The Castanha Nourishing Hand Cream by Natura EKOS is a beautiful product that makes my skin feel soft and younger than before. Unlike other lotions I’ve tried, this gives my hands a satin feeling, without being greasy. NaturaBrasil’s Castanha (Brazil Nut), Cacau and Açaí hand creams also are the richest options, as they also contain super-hydrating Murumuru butter; Pitanga and Maracu Fruit) are lighter creams. These formulas also hydrate cuticles and strengthen nails without damaging nail polish. After applying your favorite hand cream on your hands, massage some of it into your cuticles and nails to lock in hydration.
- Use Sunscreen
- My hands have numerous sun spots from years spent in the sun. Although I used sunscreen on my face, I usually forgot the top of my hands. The dark spots are sun damage, which could have been prevented with sunscreen.
- Hand Mask
- A do-it-yourself hand mask works well, because it can be done at home. Using the Castanha Nourishing Hand Cream, it’s easy to put cotton gloves over the cream for 15 minutes (or over night) to welcome a soothing treatment to get hydrated skin.
@2021, copyright Lisa Ehrman